Deadline March 5 2018 — Rethinking Zionism ~ What Does Zionism Mean to Me?
- Three Scholarships in the amounts of: $1,000, $850, and $650 USD.
- The scholarship will apply to any Conservative Movement sponsored Israel program (including Israel programs taking place from June 1, 2018 onward).
Applicants must be residents of North America, in grades 7-12, and a member of a Conservative synagogue. Each participant may only submit one essay for consideration.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Essay Contest Opening: October 15, 2017. Entry forms and additional information can be found at www.masorti-mercaz.ca, www.mercazusa.org, or www.wlcj.org.
- Deadline for Entries:
- Entries must be submitted electronically by 9:00 am EST March 5, 2018. Late entries will not be accepted. MERCAZ and Women’s League cannot be responsible for delayed or misdirected entries. Read receipt requests are recommended.
- Announcement of Winners:
- Winners will be notified by May 8, 2018.
- Essay Format:
- Essays must be submitted as a standard letter-sized document (8.5×11 inches) in Word or PDF using 12 point regular font, such as Times New Roman or Arial, with the entry form as a cover page. Essays should be double-spaced, up to 1000 words. Submitted essays must be the entrant’s original work, with quotes properly cited. (Citations do not count towards the word count.)
- Entries must be submitted via email. Mailed entries will not be accepted. Essays, the accompanying cover page, and photo should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “MERCAZ USA/CANADA/Women’s League Essay Contest”. By entering this contest, the student agrees that all information submitted becomes the property of MERCAZ – WLCJ to publish at their discretion.