Indoor Services in the Sanctuary
Register at email@example.com—Due to limited capacity at our indoor services, we ask that you choose ONE indoor service—this means selecting either one Rosh Hashanah OR one Yom Kippur service as your top choice.
- Rosh Hashanah Day 1 – September 7, 10:00 am
- Rosh Hashanah Day 2 – September 8, 10:00 am
- Erev Yom Kippur/Kol Nidre – September 15, 6:15 pm
- Yom Kippur Morning Service – September 16, 10:00 am
- Yom Kippur Minḥah/Neilah/Break-fast – September 16, 6:00 pm
When you email your first choice, please also add your second and third choices so that we can be sure to fill the services to capacity. If we can accommodate people at more than one service, we will.
Last year, we were able to add people to their second choice the day before—quite last-minute.
We will confirm your registration for each service, so please keep track once we notify you. All of these services will also be offered on Zoom (no need to preregister for Zoom).
Also note: Members will have the first opportunity to register. After August 24, 2021, we will open registration to non-members.
Outdoor Services at St. Ann’s Academy
For many reasons, people may prefer to gather outdoors. We are offering several services on the grounds of St. Ann’s Academy.
Rosh Hashanah Day 1
- Alternative Experiential Service with Rabbi Harry – Sept. 7, 12:30 to 2:00 pm
- Children’s Service and oneg, with Carolyn Blum and Noa Marnin, walk to Tashlikh at Dallas Road – Sept. 7, 3:00 to 4:15 pm
- Traditional Highlights with Rabbi Harry – Sept. 16, 1:30 to 3:00 pm
If the Provincial Guidelines allow, we will not require pre-registration for our outdoor services at St. Ann’s Academy and, while recommended, we may be able to allow more flexibility about masks. We will still request that congregants have consent before approaching or touching others. People will be choosing the outdoor option for many different reasons, including vulnerable health. There will be washrooms and hand-sanitizer available.
High Holy Days: Safety Information
Welcome! It is our hope that everyone who wants an in-person experience in our sanctuary will be able to have this during the High Holy Days.
To ensure that this is possible, we recommend the following simple guidelines and request that we all follow them:
- We will limit attendance to allow seating at 2 m physical distance.
- We will require preregistration, to maintain physical distancing.
- We request that masks be worn when you are not at your seat or when you are singing. We recommend masks at all times, but you can take them off while seated and not singing/ chanting.
- We request that congregants draw no nearer than 2 m to another without that person’s consent.Please assume that everyone wishes to maintain physical distance, and forgo handshakes, hugs, close conversation, and close seating. Please obtain consent before approaching or touching another person.
- Please do not attend if you are ill.
- Please continue to exercise good hand hygiene and cough etiquette.