Saturday Night May 23, starting at 8:30pm
Emanu-El—the Little Shul That Could—has lined up a fascinating
array of scholars and subjects to engage our minds and hearts this Shavuot.
Here is a taste of our lineup for learning:
- Joelle Lake will give us an overview of Dead Sea Scrolls Study
- Andrew Gow will be teaching about The Spiritual and Political Tensions of Jewish Life in the Diaspora.
- Charlotte Schallie will share some of her research regarding the
effects of attitudes towards Israel on the Jewish communities worldwide
- Lincoln Shlensky is offering a roundup of insights into current
events in the Middle East
- Rabbi Harry will lead us in Vedic Breath work in a Jewish context
- Rick Kool will offer insights into environmental awareness and
- Jonathan Orr-Stav gives a sneak peek into the long lost story of Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Turquoise Goddess, in which he proves who invented the alphabet.
It is going to be a night of friendship, learning and mind
expansion you don’t want to miss it.