Last Sunday Pardes Farm sold 29 two-liter jugs of organic Gravenstein juice in support of our wonderful Hebrew school. The juice disappeared so quickly that we’ve added 21 more bottles for sale.
There’s no more juice at the synagogue, so please contact Jill at email@example.com to snag your own supply of this rich-tasting organic juice ($10 per 2 liter jug) while making a contribution to the Hebrew school at the same time.
Sunday, September 15, 2019 at 12 pm —Organic Gravenstein apple juice grown at Pardes Farm in Saanich! $10 for 2 litres.
- Usually we have a mix of apples in our juice, but this year, the Gravensteins were plentiful, so we’ve pressed an early batch of juice solely made up of our prize-winning Gravensteins.
- Come out and try it. Support the Hebrew school. You can also write to Jillswartz@gmail.com and we’ll set aside some bottles of juice for you to pick up at the Hebrew School sale, Sunday, September 15 at noon.
Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at 7 pm (doors open at 6:30 pm), Congregation Emanu-El, 1461 Blanshard St. — Enjoy the high energy klezmer band “The Klezbians”, Canada’s first ordained Maggidah (female Jewish storyteller) Shoshana Litman accompanied by Joe Hatherill, and tasty traditional treats. Help Avodah Social Action Group raise funds in support of its work of tikkun olam – “repair of the world”
Tickets $20. May be purchased online at www.eventbrite.ca, reserved by phone at (250) 896-8069 or take your chances at the door.
Late December donations to the Congregation Emanu-El Legacy Fund (hosted by the Victoria Foundation) mean we qualify for a last-minute matching grant from the Foundation. The Foundation will now add $2500 to Congregation Emanu-El Legacy Fund, which brings the fund total to $40,000. Continue reading Thank You to Our Donors – We Met Our Goal!
The Victoria Foundation has just offered us a time-limited opportunity to receive a matching grant of $2500. If the Foundation receives a donation earmarked for the Congregation Emanu-El Legacy Fund within the next week, our Legacy Fund will grow by $5000. If you are willing to step up, please notify Rabbi Brechner as soon as possible. Continue reading Victoria Foundation offers CEE Legacy Fund time-limited matching grant
Wednesday, November 21, 7:00 pm — St. John the Divine and Pacific Opera present “A Musical Feast with Ken Lavigne” on Wednesday, November 21, 7:00 pm at the Baumann Centre, 925 Balmoral Road, Victoria. $100/Person (Complementary Appetizers/Cash Bar); Patron Ticket: $150/Person (includes champagne reception with the artists at 6:00 pm) available only from Carol-Ann Zenger in the church of office of St. John the Divine 250-383-7169 ext. 226 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Proceeds are to benefit the Food Bank at St. John the Divine.
From CastleRock Pardes Farm — Made from a mixture of crisp Spartan, Red Delicious, MacIntosh and Granny Smith apples, this apple juice has been filtered and passed through UV cold pasteurization, retaining its exquisite complex taste and total nutritional value. The jugs can be frozen and imbibed throughout the year. Fill your freezer!!
- All proceeds will be donated to Hebrew School children.
- Fundraiser price per 2 litre jug – $10
- Please call Jill or Mike at 250-544-8870 or send an email to email@example.com to arrange pickup at the synagogue.
- You can also pick up juice this Sunday, October 14, from 9-9:30 a.m. or at 12:30 pm