Sunday, February 10, 2019 2:30—5:00 pm — Join us for a fun celebration of Sephardic Jewish Culture. Come learn about the history of Turkish Sephardic Jews, sample Sephardic foods and listen to Sephardic Music at Congregation Emanu-El on Sunday, February 10 from 2:30 to 5:00 pm. This is the third presentation in the Exploring the Sephardic Legacy series. Continue reading A Sephardic Celebración
November 22, 6:45 pm — Join us at the Vic Theatre, 808 Douglas Street, Victoria on Thursday, November 22, 6:45 pm to 9:45 pm for an evening of storytelling. Mix and mingle with fellow food enthusiasts and bid on delectable silent auction items. This event is a fundraiser for the Good Food Network and their annual Good Food Summit. For more information: http://www.crfair.ca/goodfoodsummit/
The Jewish Community Centre of Victoria Lox, Stock & Bagel Deli has started bringing in individually pre-packaged Kosher Meals from Classic Impressions Catering in Vancouver. Classic Impressions is an off-shoot of the Vancouver Kosher Food Warehouse and is BC Kosher (BCK) certified. Meal selections include:
- Grilled Chicken Breast in Thai Curry Sauce with Veggies and Rice Pilaf
- Asian Grilled Chicken Breast with Roasted Couscous and Veggies
- Grilled Chicken Breast in Balsamic BBQ Sauce with Couscous and Veggies
- Vegetarian (Mock Meat) Souvlaki with Lentil Rice Pilaf
- Vegetarian Pasta Bolognese
Meals cost $15.00 and are available for dine-in or take-away. There are also Pareve desserts for $4.00.
The JCCV Deli is open Tuesdays to Fridays, from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm.
For more information, call 250-477-7185 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cooking Competition – A Real Winner
What fun for the 75 people who attended this event on February 17! And what a rush to watch Rae Ann Brechner, Ellen Dragushan, Allan Mandell, and Aharon Ittah as they chopped, fried, cooked and served such delicious food.
Before a sold-out crowd, teams from Congregation Emanu-El and the London Chef prepared the meal.
As they cooked, Solomon Siegel served up One-Jew Punch, created specially for the occasion (key ingredient – Manischewitz, of course).
From appetizers to the delicious rugelach made by Ellen Dragushan, the tasting opportunities kept coming.
With cheers and applause for both teams, the Emanu-El team was declared the winner by Rabbi Harry, the evening’s MC. Amid hoots of laughter, he reminded the crowd that they were “somewhat biased”.
And the guests? We all felt like winners!
- When: Tuesday February 17 starting at 5:30pm
- Where: London Chef, 953 Fort Street
- Why: To raise funds for Congregation Emanu-El and have a great time eating sumptuous Jewish Soul food.
- Cost: $75.00 per person includes a three course Jewish Soul Food dinner, cocktails, wine, fantastic entertainment, local celebrity judges and a chance to vote for the culinary team of your choice.