Congregation member Dena Gelfand curated this exhibit with submissions from current or former members on the B’nei Mitzvah theme. She and her volunteers filled the case with colourful and joyful memories of this rite of passage. Here are a few more photos from the display because we know it is still not time to gather together for freilich events. There is room on the outside side wall of the case for more photos, contact Dena through the Office if you want to put up something from a past B’nei Mitzvah celebration.
Starts Tuesday January 11, 2022 – Come take a deep dive into Jewish literacy and practice. This program will combine classroom learning and discussion with workshops on central Jewish topics culminating in a personal ceremony and celebration.
The Goal of the program is for students to experience:
- Making meaning from Jewish sacred text
- Gaining a sense of the scope of Jewish History
- Understanding the spiritual meaning within Jewish lifecycle rituals
- Unpacking the deeper meanings found within the Jewish calendar cycle
- Surveying Jewish ethics and values
- Finding meaning and beauty within Jewish liturgy and developing a personal practice
- Exploring topics and issues within Jewish theology and philosophy
The course will run for 20 sessions, roughly twice a month on Tuesday evenings beginning on 11 January. Beyond class attendance, participants will be expected to attend Shabbat services at least once a month, and there will be occasional projects and journaling.
The course will meet in-person when possible, but Zoom will remain an option for those who prefer this.
If you never had the opportunity to have a B’nei Mitzvah experience or if you want to have this experience in a more personalized and deep way from an adult perspective, this course is for you!
This course is available only to Emanu-El members and is free of charge.
To register contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of event details
- Dates: January 11, 2022 for 20 sessions, roughly twice a month
- Where: In-person or by Zoom
- Cost: Free; only available to Congregation Emanu-El members
- Registration and information: email@example.com
Saturday, June 15, 2019 — Ruthi and Heshi invite the congregation to join them as they are called to the Torah as B’nei Mitzvah on Saturday, June 15, 2019. Kiddush lunch following services. No gifts: please consider a donation to Congregation Emanu-El.