Our wonderful Corinne Hardin is retiring and Emanu-El is hiring a new bookkeeper. If you would like to apply please email your application to email@example.com The job description follows:
Bookkeeper Position 30 hrs/week (Tuesday-Friday) Start date: 3 May 2022
Reporting to directly to the Treasurer of the Board of Congregation Emanu-El:
- Highly organized and detail-focused with track record of accurately and efficiently supporting overall accounting activities.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both written and verbal
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles, payroll, general ledger, invoicing, and regulatory compliance guidelines for CRA.
- Expertise in managing integrated multi-system financial data, eg. bank reconciliation, database transfer of income and reconciliation to QB.
- Expertise in analyzing and preparing monthly financial statements – Profit and Loss statements and Balance Sheet for the monthly Board meeting.
- Excellent technology skills; proficient with MS Excel and Word, database management and knowledge of QuickBooks an asset,
- Preparation of budget Excel workbooks for managers, assist with budget procedures when required
- Proven ability to identify and implement improvements to streamline processes and increase efficiency and productivity
- Congregation Emanu-El is a CRA registered Charity.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in basic accounting or bookkeeping or combination of education/training and experience.
Please contact Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries about salary.
- 3 weeks holiday per year
- Parking near the Synagogue
- Extra holiday days annually, as per the Jewish Calendar.
- Board approved COLA increase per year.
If your qualifications and experience align with our needs, we want to hear from you! Please apply in confidence with a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Summary of details
- Date: May 3, 2022
- Time: 30 hours per week
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org