After a meaningful, safe and successful second service in our beautiful sanctuary last week we are hoping to continue holding small services with a Zoom alternative on a routine basis starting August 22, 2020 (Parashat Shoftim) followed by September 5, 2020 (Parashat Ki Tavo). We are doing our very best to help us all maintain connection to the shul and to one another through this strange and sometimes difficult time.
YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER. We are limiting this event to 36 people, including babies and children. Please register with Zelda at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 pm on Friday, August 21, 2020. For September 5, 2020, please register with Zelda at email@example.com by 4:00 pm on Friday, September 4, 2020. If more than 36 people ask to attend, we’ll do our best to give those people priority at subsequent services.
Doors will open at 9:45 am and they will be closed at 10:15 am. PLEASE NOTE: NO admittance will be possible after 10:15 am. There will be instructions about where to sit; you may not be able to sit in your usual place or choose your own seat. There will be volunteers in place to give instructions about how to follow our COVID-19 safety procedures. For this event to work for everyone, we will need cooperation and a willingness to follow some directions. Those who can attend will receive an email with COVID-19 self-assessment information.
In the interests of personal and community safety, we must observe the following practices:
- Please do not attend if you have compromised immunity.
- If you or anyone in your household is ill, please stay at home.
- You must wash your hands upon arrival.
- You must maintain a physical distance of two meters from others.
- PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN MASK. YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK FOR THE DURATION OF THE EVENT. If you need to take a break from your mask, please step into the social hall (alone) or outside.
- Please bring your own tallit.
- When you register, please provide name, telephone, number and email for each person you are registering.
- Please don’t register if you don’t intend to come as we may have to turn people away.
- When you arrive, please obey instructions about handling the shul’s books and obey arrows marked on the floor.