Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays 12 – 1 pm, 1461 Blanshard Street, Victoria BC — Every summer, many tourists visit our beautiful synagogue, the oldest Canadian synagogue in continuous use, to explore its unique history, architecture and restoration with our knowledgeable guide, Amber Woods. It is a thrill to see how visitors are so fascinated by their visit to our shul. Please encourage your summer visitors to experience Victoria’s Jewish roots by taking one of our shul tours. If they wish to find out more about the Jewish experience in early Victoria, we recommend the gentle walking tour Not Just a Little Bit of Olde England.
Congregation Emanu-El Synagogue Tours: 2019 Summer Schedule
- Months: June 4 – August 29, 2019
- Days: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- Hours: 12 pm (noon)
- Cost: Adults: $10 Youth (aged 12-18): $5 (Cash only)
- Free for children under 12
Quick tours (when possible) by donation.
Not Just a Little Bit of Olde England Walking Tours
- Months: June 1 – September 8
- Days: Wednesdays
- Hours: 10:30 am to 12:00 pm
- Cost: Adults: $20 Seniors: $15 Students: $13 Children (6-11): $10 Families: $50
- Location: This tour starts outside the Visitor Info Centre, 812 Wharf Street at Government Street.
Note: Tours take place rain or shine.