Saturday June 8 at 7:30 pm in Congregation Emanu-El Sanctuary — See below for program
- Trans Mountain Pipeline
- SNC-Lavalin Affair
- Anti-Muslim and Anti-Refugee Attacks
- Youth for Climate Action
In each of the above situations, individuals or groups of people have spoken out and taken action, at times in defiance of government, large corporations, or simply the status quo. Individuals spoke up in the face of silence, bullying, hatred and greed. The people’s courage, vulnerability, and being true to themselves may have been critiqued by others.
On June 8, please join us for a lively and illuminating evening of study in honour of the revelation of Torah at Mount Sinai. The hope is to explore from a Jewish lens what it means to be an agent of positive change challenging the established order to bring more shalom, more justice, and more holiness to our world. We are privileged to have with us a stellar line-up of educators who will share their truths and insights about how Torah intersects and remains timeless and relevant in our modern world. May the truth and power of this special evening move you!!
- Rabbi Harry Brechner Faith in Action, Personal Growth and Integrity, Social Justice as a form of Practice
- Andrew Gow Race, Religion and Ethnicity in the Face of Right Wing Populism; How Jews, Moslems, and People of Colour can Counter the Far Right in North America and Europe
- Julia Herzog The Power and Place of Personal and Family Narratives in our Inner World
- Francis Landy Reflections on my recent trip to Israel with the New Israel Fund; In search of hope and shalom
- Frances Rosenberg “The wave of the great stream of life swallows the voices of those without property and power – without echo.” Remembering Hedwig Dohm (1831–1919) on the centenary of her death
- Devorah Stone An Artist’s Show and Tell
- Rabbi Louis Sutker A Mystical Interlude
- Michael Tripp Inter/Intra Generational Equity, Insights from 50 Years on the Front Line
Refreshments aka coffee, snacks and of course, delicious cheesecake will be served. All are very welcome!