May 19 at 7:30 pm, Congregation Emanu-El — This year at Tikkun Leil Shavuot, our all night Torah study will focus on expanding Torah. We will hear from new voices in our community and we will explore how Torah learning can inform modern life. The learning starts on Saturday, May 19 at 7:30 pm. You can stay for a short spell or the entire night. This is sure to be a wonderful connecting evening of sharing ideas, singing and friendship. In addition, there will be delicious dairy desserts, coffee, tea and other goodies to keep you going! The evening continues and will conclude with Shaḥarit service at about 5:00 am. All are welcome.
The line-up for our study session is the following:
- Andrew Gow—How to be an engaged Jew who is not a Zionist.
- Enid Elliot—About Emmi Pickler, a Hungarian Jewish educator, and loving-kindness
- Catherine Bianco—Personal connection with mikveh
- Nehama Shira (aka Josie Davidson)—Song circles: song leading
- Devy Stone—Chickens, Jane Austen and Jewish Life
- Daniel Biro—the origins of trope
- Rav Louis—the sefirot and the Amidah
- Francis Landy—Exploring Mount Sinai from different angles and perspectives.
- Rabbi Harry—Jewish ritual magic