Sunday, January 28 1:30 pm — Join us for a walk in nature for Tu BiShvat. We will explore the beauty of our natural environment & celebrate the New Year of the Trees while doing a walk at Witty’s Lagoon Regional Park. This is a family-friendly hike, and is suitable for beginner and intermediate hikers. There are some uneven surfaces and stairs so we suggest using a hiking pole or walking stick. The walk is about 1.5 – 2.0 hours round-trip.
There are arbutus trees, beach, lagoon and rocky shore, and we will have views out to the ocean. Sitting Lady Falls can be awesome after a big rain in winter. On a clear day, the Olympic Mountains are visible in the distance. We will have a small Tu BiShvat seder conducted with traditional holiday foods.
- When: Sunday January 28, 2018
- Meet at: Witty’s Lagoon Regional Park, parking lot on Metchosin Road (across the street from Metchosin Golf and Country Club for 1:30 pm
- OR at Congregation Emanu-El for 1:00 pm and carpool from there.
- Bring: Good walking shoes or boots, rain gear and warm clothing (layers), snacks and water.
- For more info: Please contact Aaron at email@example.com or Rabbi Harry at firstname.lastname@example.org