November 26 from 2 -5 pm: Register by November 22 — Congregation Emanu-El will offer a class on Self Defence for Women on Sunday, November 26 from 2 -5 pm. This class is for those who wish to learn how to enhance their own personal safety. The instructor Sheila, a black belt in TaeKwon with extensive training in Empowerment Self Defense provides a safe and trauma-sensitive environment, in which participants will learn the emotional, verbal and physical skills needed to protect themselves.
This class is empowering, positive and socially aware. It addresses the kinds of dangers that women are most likely to face statistically, including sexual assault and intimate partner violence. Participants will leave feeling confident in their ability to protect themselves.
Sheila, the instructor, is part of a global movement to reduce violence against women and other vulnerable groups.
Sheila welcomes girls over the age of 12 years, women, female-identifying, and gender non-conforming persons of all levels of ability and physical limitations to her class.
- Date: Sunday, November 26 at 2:00pm-5:00pm
- Place: Congregation Emanu-El Social Hall
- Cost: Members – $10 for teens and students, $25 for adults and $30 for mother/daughter combos
- Non-members – $15 for teens and students, $30 for adults and $40 for mother/daughter combos
- Registration: Please register and pay through the Synagogue office at (250) 382-0615 on or before November 22.
Thank you, Sheila for generously donating your time and expertise, all proceeds will go to funding our new Youth Programs.