Thursday, March 16 and
Friday, March 17, Belfry Theatre
Callbacks Saturday, March 18
The Belfry Theatre is holding AUDITIONS for the roles of two young people for a mainstage production this fall.
Casting Personnel in Attendance: Michael Shamata (Artistic Director,
Belfry Theatre), Erin Macklem (Artistic Associate & Outreach
Coordinator), Christian Barry (Director).
This is a paid position, fee to be negotiated.
performance schedule available upon request):
- First Day of Rehearsal: August 15th, 2017
- Production Dates: September 12–October 10, 2017
ABOUT THE PLAY
This play tells
the true and inspirational tale of Dr. Janusz Korczak’s selfless journey to
bring safety to Polish-Jewish orphans within the Warsaw Ghetto. His struggle to advocate children’s rights
and shelter his orphans from the horrors of the war ended with his death in
1942. A powerful and true story of
beauty, heroism, and legacy in a world devoid of freedom and even the
necessities of life.
- Israel (age 12-14) is described as an
anti-hero, traumatized, violent, hard to read, but with depths of warmth
- Sara (age 10-13) is described as quiet and
watchful, the character can play violin well but the actor may not need to.
Please tell us if you are able to
play the violin.
HOW TO APPLY
- A reading copy of the script is available at the Belfry Box Office during business hours if you’d like to read the script before submitting.
- Please email Erin (contact info below) with a recent photo, current age, height, school you will be attending in September, and previous performance experience (if any). Please include “CHILDREN’S AUDITION” in the subject line.
- We would prefer someone with some stage experience if possible. People older than the stated age range but not too tall would be fine!
- Due to the specific requirements of the roles, not everyone who submits will be seen. We will be in touch either way.
- The Belfry encourages performers from all cultures, races, ethnicities, and gender identities, mental and physical abilities to apply for an audition.
For more information please contact:
Artistic Associate & Outreach Coordinator
by email or tel. 250-385-6835 ext 243