Starts Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 10 am
First class—free of charge!
Starting in January 2017, Congregation Emanu-El will offer members and non-members yoga classes led by Shayla Goldberg
Shayla employs a unique, organic, gentle approach to yoga allowing the students to practise at their own pace based on their abilities.
Each class begins with a guided relaxation focusing on the body and the mind, creating a pause from our busy lives, enabling us to begin stretching and moving through a series of yoga postures. We learn to become increasingly present to our bodies using our breath and the ground to lengthen our spines and to release tension. To integrate our experiences, we end the class with another quiet relaxation.
Shayla has taught in many settings – special education classes at diabetes clinics, yoga at retirement homes, and at a deten-tion centre, moms and baby yoga at Emanu-El and pregnancy yoga. She taught Hatha yoga classes at the studio where she did her teacher training (which provides the longest, most ex-tensive yoga teacher training in Canada). She has practiced yoga for more than 30 years.
- Equipment needed: a yoga mat and a blanket
- The class will be 90 minutes long, once a week
- Start date: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 until March 1 (8 weeks)
- Time: 10:00 a.m.
- Where: Congregation Emanu-El, 1461 Blanshard Street
- Cost: $110 for members for the full 8 weeks, $150 for non-members
- Drop-in: $15 for members, $20 for non-members
Please register through the shul office (250-382-0615).
For more information, you can email Shayla.