TIKKUN LEIL SHAVUOT 5776
Expanding our minds through Torah Learning
Saturday Night June 11, 2016 starting at 7:30pm
We will keep the learning going all night long. Join us for as much
spiritual and intellectual nourishment as you want.
The line-up is as follows:
- 7:30pm – Joseph Sheppard: A mindfulness exercise exploring phenomenology from Aristotle to Levinas
- 8:30pm – Robert Oppenheimer: A glimpse into the situations faced by First Nation children in B.C through the lens of Janusz Korczak
- 9:30pm – Bruce Kapron: Gersonides and the mystical mysteries of mathematical pi
- 10:30pm – Laurel Nahshon: Personal insights from B’Midbar (The last Torah reading before Shavuot) A Jewish take on “Be Here Now”
- 11:30pm – Lincoln Shlensky: Insights into the Book of Ruth
- 12:30am – RaeAnn Brechner: A discussion about Physicians assisted death through the lens of Hospice work and Halaḥah
- 1:30am – Todd Litman: The current housing crisis and sustainable community
- 2:30am – Andrew Gow: Polygamy and Divorce in the Halakhic tradition; Revisiting Rabbenu Gershom
- 3:30am – Francis Landy & Rabbi Harry: Ezekiel’s vision through the lens of Kabbalah via Joseph Gikitalia
- 4:30am – Rabbi Louis Sutker: Kabbalistic Breathwork and Hebrew vocalization
- 5:15am – Shaḥarit service
This is just a taste of the amazing learning that is generated by our eclectic and
As always, delicious dairy desserts, coffee, tea, and snacks will be served. These food items will nourish our bodies and minds as we explore, wrestle with ideas, and learn throughout the evening.
Come and join us for as little or as long as suits your schedule. The doors of your synagogue are open to you. This promises to be a night of engagement, learning and great company.
All are welcome. Please also note the following service
- Sunday, June 12 – Shavuot Day 1 – 5:15 am Sunrise Service
- Monday, June 13 – Shavuot Day 2 – 7:00 am Service with
Yizkor around 8:30 am