Discover how a small but vibrant Jewish Community helped shape Victoria’s destiny. For example, Victoria’s second mayor was the first Jewish mayor in North America. Join Gary Cohen for an easy 90 minute walking tour and find out more.
Explore Canada’s oldest surviving synagogue. Learn about our shul’s unique history, architecture and restoration. Most tours will be led by Canada’s first ordained maggidah (Jewish Storyteller & Educator), Shoshana Litman.
November 30, 2014
- Walking Tour at 10:30am
- No Synagogue Tour
- Adults: $15.00 (cash only)
- Seniors/Students: $13.00 (cash only)
- $2 discount for everyone taking both tours
- $10.00 Cash only
- Children under 12 free
Walking Tours begin outside Congregation Emanu-el (Pandora and Blanshard) and slowly wind through downtown ending at Government and Yates, rain or shine.
To book a Walking Tour at a different time contact John Adams at Discover the Past:
- To book a Synagogue Tour at another time email Shoshana
- For more information, visit http://www.congregationemanuel.ca/synagogue-tours.html